Motion adds a new dimension of engagement in math, science and coding
Programming Rover to move is a fun way to explore topics and concepts in middle grades and high school, promote collaborative problem-solving and spark lively conversations.
TI-Nspire™ CX technology and TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculators open new channels for inquiry, exploration and connection as students use the built-in TI-Basic coding language to program the TI-Innovator™ components. Students program Rover to put math and science in motion, adding a physical dimension to verbal, symbolic and graphic representations. Rover also provides an accessible on-ramp to more advanced coding, STEM and robotics projects.
The TI-Innovator Rover is out-of-the-box ready to connect to the TI-Innovator™ Hub (sold separately), which is placed in a special bay on Rover. Either a TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator or TI-Nspire™ CX handheld is secured with clamps on top of Rover.
A durable, rechargeable battery (included) powers Rover's two motors. The vehicle also includes a color sensor; a distance sensor; an LED display; a holder for a marker to draw paths on paper; and a gyroscope to measure heading.
- Aluminum vehicle chassis
- Rechargeable battery
- Two drive wheels with independent motors
- High-resolution motor shaft encoder sensors
- Marker holder
- Front-mounted ranger
- Bottom-mounted color sensor
- Red-green-blue (RGB) LED
- Controlled by TI-Innovator™ Hub
Compatible graphing technology
- TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX II graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX II CAS graphing calculator
- TI-Nspire™ CX Student Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Student Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX and TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Teacher Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator™ Teacher Software
- TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ NC Teacher Software
- TI-Nspire™ CX Premium Teacher Software